Stretching from the Pacific Coast up to the high peaks of the Andes, Peru is a magical destination offering an enticing cocktail of history, culture, cuisine and wildlife.
Our Peru & Galapagos tour offers an exceptional journey through this scenic country - taking you to explore the renowned site of Machu Picchu and other wonders of the ancient Incan Empire, ending in an entirely different world, Ecuador's Galapagos Islands and its magnificent biodiversity.
Start in Lima, Peru's vibrant capital and culinary hot spot, with its historic Spanish colonial heart and rapidly growing modern suburbs. Travel high into the heartland of the Incan Empire to the Sacred Valley, where we explore ancient ruins and visit bustling markets to gain an insight into local life. Continue by train to the undoubted highlight nestled beneath mountain peaks and surrounded by verdant cloud forest - the sacred city of Machu Picchu.
Explore Cusco, the Inca capital plundered by the Spanish Conquest and rebuilt with European flavor, filled with triumphs of archaeology, architecture and art. We'll then bring you to the remarkable Lake Titicaca, higher than 12,000 feet above sea level and the world's highest navigable freshwater lake. Visit the people of Uros Islands, the unusual floating reed villages on Lake Titicaca.
End this once-in-a-lifetime adventure on a high note with a visit to the Galapagos Islands. Board an all-inclusive intimate yacht to sail through the volcanic islands and learn about their unique endemic wildlife that inspired Charles Darwin to come up with his revolutionary theory of evolution.
- Local flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First class "Vista Dome" train ride to Machu Picchu
- Taxes and fuel surcharges for domestic air and land transportation
- 13 nights' hotel accommodation with daily American buffet breakfasts
- 3 nights' accommodation on a boutique yacht at Galapagos Islands
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours including entrance fees
- 30 bountiful meals including 16 American buffet breakfasts, 8 lunches and 6 dinners
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- National trip leader in Peru
We spent the last few years thoroughly researching this magical destination, meticulously analyzing every single aspect of the top South America tour producers in the U.S. market - especially their itineraries, hotels, included features, restaurants and menus, tour guides, transportation, and shopping.
We are confident that while you may find cheaper tours, you will not find a better value tour to Peru and Ecuador. Our Peru & Galapagos tour includes local flights and transportation, 16 nights’ deluxe accommodation, 30 meals and a wide range of highlights and activities.
By negotiating hard and using our knowledge of the destination, we have designed a tour we believe offers an incomparable experience for the money. We have created a trip, in such a way, and from a totally different perspective, as if we do it for ourselves – for our own very first journey to this magnificent destination. That’s what makes World Spree different from others – We treat you as we expect to be treated and do everything with that in mind.
Our tour is an extensive excursion to the Andean mountains in Peru and the Galapagos Islands in Ecuador. On this trip, you will visit two iconic destinations in South America - Machu Picchu and the Galapagos archipelago - and explore the key highlights of Lima, the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lake Titicaca. We have carefully paced our tours to ensure that you have ample time to enjoy the key sites and time to help with acclimatization to the altitude of the high Andes. Other reasons include:
- We spent hours - no, days - finding the very best hotels in Peru. Two of them are listed among South America’s top 25 hotels by Condé Nast Traveler. The Lima hotel is with a superb location in the Miraflores district. The Cusco hotel is part of the Luxury Collection and the Lake Titicaca hotel is lakeside "with Titicaca at your feet." In our pursuit of excellent accommodations, we choose hotels for this itinerary as if we plan to stay there ourselves. They must meet or exceed our expectations before we book them for our guests.
- Our program includes an overnight in Aguas Calientes, also known as the Machu Picchu town. This gives you the rare opportunity to return to the UNESCO site early morning the next day, making you the first visitors and beating the crowds who arrive later by train, for a more private experience.
- Enjoy 4 days and 3 nights on a yacht exploring the famous Galapagos Islands guided by expert guides on-board and with all your meals included. This will allow you to cover more territory and explore more remote islands in this archipelago compared to land-based tours offered by other tour companies.
- We have planned this tour to allow time for our guests to acclimatize to the high altitudes that will be encountered, by staying overnights in the Sacred Valley after Lima. This also allows us to spend more time at the sites rather than driving long hours to reach them. Many competitors’ tours skip this altogether; therefore, increasing the risk that altitude sickness could spoil the entire trip.
- We have included different activities that will allow you to interact with the Quechua-speaking locals in the Sacred Valley and Lake Titicaca and learn not only about the ancient history of Peru, but also about the descendants of the Incas and their present lifestyle. A folk dance show is also part of the tour, with many opportunities to try the exquisite Peruvian cuisine.
- We include a day at leisure in Cusco, our favorite city in Peru, giving you the opportunity to explore the area independently with its unique shops and markets, award-winning restaurants and museums. Many tours over-stuff their itineraries with too many sites and too little time to appreciate the destination. We remain confident you will appreciate the opportunity to truly experience and enjoy Cusco at your own pace, although we do offer an optional tour for those who prefer more guided touring.
- We are proud to offer ethical tours, ensuring that North Americans are not taken advantage of. There are no tourist traps, such as pre-arranged shopping stops. These are often set up in advance by many other tour operators to generate commissions that subsidize their low prices and underpaid service staff. This practice is considered unethical, and we discourage any shopping in tourist traps.