If you've always wanted to see Peru's breathtaking beauty - both natural and man-made - then this tour is for you; especially if staying in the best available hotels and lodges at each destination appeals to you.
The tour starts in Lima. Peru's capital and largest city is renowned for its cuisine, especially fresh seafood served at seaside establishments, and it has earned the reputation as the best dining in South America. Three out of the best 50 restaurants in the world for 2015 are in Lima.
Once in Cusco and the Sacred Valley, you will experience the world of the Incas and their heritage, which is still alive in the way of life in many small towns and villages along the Urubamba valley that leads to Machu Picchu. You will be delighted with the handicrafts and textiles offered in the local markets; not to mention the amazement that you will experience once you catch sight of the lost city of the Incas.
The third destination in this unforgettable trip is the Amazon rain forest, a completely different environment than the Peruvian Coast where Lima sits, or the highlands where Cusco and Machu Picchu are located. The Amazon jungle is teeming with lush vegetation and wildlife that never sleeps. Explore the forest by boat, trails and even hanging bridges out of your charming lodge.
- Round-trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- Internal Peru flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First class "Vista Dome" train ride to Machu Picchu
- 10 nights' hotel accommodation with daily American buffet breakfasts
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours including entrance fees
- 20 bountiful meals including 10 American buffet breakfasts, 5 lunches and 5 dinners
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- National trip leader
12 Days Best of Peru & Amazon tour is an extensive excursion to the Andean mountains and the Amazon jungle in Peru. On this trip you will visit the highlands of Cusco and the amazing Machu Picchu, and afterwards you will explore the Tambopata National Park, one of the last easily accessible virgin tropical rain forests of the world, while you stay in an amazing lodge. Other reasons include:
- Compared to similar itineraries our competitors promote, World Spree's program features better quality hotels with great location. Though we ask you to travel with an open mind and an adventurous outlook in the daytime, at night we want you to have all the comforts of home: Comfortable beds, heating and air conditioning, cable TV, wonderful bathrooms and delicious American buffet breakfasts each morning. In our pursuit of excellent accommodations we choose hotels for this itinerary as if we plan to stay there ourselves. They must meet or exceed our expectations before we book them for our guests.
- Our program includes an overnight stay near Machu Picchu so you can return to the site the next day and visit it for a second time if you wish, also providing the chance of a more private experience there since you will beat the crowds arriving on the trains later on.
- We have included different activities that will allow you to interact with the local people in the Sacred Valley and learn not only about the ancient history of Peru but also about the descendants of the Incas and their today lifestyle. A folk dance show is also part of the tour and many opportunities to try the exquisite Peruvian cuisine.
- You will have access to the most extensive tree canopy walkway in the Amazon; made of seven hanging bridges and two tall towers that extend for ¼ mile suspended at 103 feet above the ground, making it the largest in South America and one of the safest in the world, and granting to its visitors the unique possibility to see the life at the top of the trees where birds, monkeys and other animals hide.
- We include a day at leisure in Cusco, our favorite city in Peru, which will delight our guests who explore the area independently with its unique shops and markets, delicious restaurants and interesting museums. Many tours over-stuff their itineraries with too many sites and too little time to appreciate the destination. We remain confident you will appreciate the opportunity to truly experience and enjoy Cusco at your own pace; although we do offer an optional tour for those who prefer more guided touring.
- We have planned this tour to allow time for our guests to acclimatize to the high altitudes that you will encounter on this trip. Many competitors’ tours skip this, increasing the risk that altitude sickness could spoil the entire trip.
- This tour does not have any arranged shopping stops - i.e., those the tour organizer incorporates solely for the purpose of generating commissions from their patrons' purchase at these stores. Those commissions subsidize low pricing and underpaid service staff, and we’ve found many U.S.- based tour operators depend on such stops and commissions. We at World Spree Travel consider such practice unethical and abusive so we discourage its use. Say "No" to tourist traps.
By negotiating hard and using our knowledge of the destination, we have designed a tour that we firmly believe offers an incomparable experience for the money. We invite you to shop around and compare different tours and prices now on the market; you will be convinced that World Spree offers the best value for Peru.