Set amid the beautiful scenery of the Himalayas, the small mountain kingdom of Bhutan is a unique destination which retains a distinct character largely untouched by the modern world. Geographically, the country is set snugly between the behemoths of China and India but with a population under one million, it feels somehow out of place. A deeply Buddhist nation, the country maintains a deliberate separation, forging a divergent path from global homogenization, best exemplified by the philosophy of Gross National Happiness, where the country measures the well-being of its citizens rather than their economic wealth.
Visiting Bhutan feels like a privilege; an opportunity to gain a rare insight into a lifestyle and culture that is very different from anything that you will experience elsewhere. Few tourists visit each year and tourism is carefully controlled to ensure that the impact onto the local populace is minimized. This means that accommodation options are limited and standards of service may not match those which you would expect in other countries. However, for those prepared to put up with some minor inconveniences, the country rewards the intrepid traveler with a distinct and rewarding experience.
- 7 nights accommodation at carefully selected 4 star Bhutanese style hotels with daily American buffet breakfast and all meals in Bhutan
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours including entrance fee to all monuments and places visited
- 19 meals including 7 American buffet breakfast, 6 lunches and 6 dinners
- All regional flights between India, Bhutan and Bangkok
- All ground transportation and transfers
- Taxes and fuel surcharges for air and land transportation
- Professional English-speaking national trip leader for entire trip of Bhutan