Picture India, the world's most populous democracy, home to incredible sights such as the Taj Mahal and thriving at the top of many top ten lists of must-see destinations. Few nations can so quickly inspire the imagination with such exotica, and so many rich and colorful images both congruent and contradictory.
Join World Spree for an incredible value - 14 nights and 17 days touring India from Delhi to Varanasi, with stops in the heart of Rajasthan and Khajurahio. The tour combines the iconic sights of India's famed Golden Triangle with the opportunity to experience traditional village life and go on safari in search of the elusive Royal Bengal tiger. We will discover invaluable collections of arts and crafts, ancient temples and ornate palaces, and the rituals of daily life. We'll visit Delhi's relics from British rule and its spacious city layouts of tree-lined avenues. In Rajasthan, the "land of kings," we'll visit the Amber Fort and tour Jaipur's vast City Palace complex to see remnants of royal life. See the unusual stone astronomical instruments called Jantar Mantar in Jaipur, built by a philosopher prince with an interest in charting the heavens. In Varanasi, enjoy a cruise on the Ganges River and watch pilgrims and holy men on the shore as they continue centuries-old traditions.
In contrast to the more populated areas, we'll bring you to a relaxing stay in a jungle-side resort close to one of India's best tiger reserves where the Vindhya meets the Aravalli hills. Enjoy the opportunity to experience traditional village life, including an overnight camp retreat at a small traditional village. Come face to face with the royal bengal tiger and experience traditional village life. We visit Agra, home to one of the most photographed shrines in the world, the Taj Mahal. Built by Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal, many consider the Taj Mahal the greatest monument to love ever built.
Our Epic Journey to India tour offers perfect balance between included tour features and free time for relaxation and independent exploration.
- Round trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- 14 nights' accommodation at conveniently located 5-star hotels in India
- 29 included meals: 14 international buffet breakfasts, 7 lunch and 8 dinners
- All ground transportation within India including transfers, sightseeing and intercity drives. Also included is the baggage handling fee during the tour while in India
- Internal flights for travel Khajuraho to Varanasi and Varanasi to Delhi
- Train travel in air-conditioned chair car from Agra to Jhansi by Shatabdi Express
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours include entrance fees:
Old & New Delhi - Raj Ghat, Jamme Masjid, Rickshaw ride and walking tour of old city and Humayun's Tomb. Drive past Red Fort and photo stop at India Gate and Presidents Palace square.
Agra including the Taj Mahal, Itmad-ud-Daula (Mini Taj) and Agra Fort.
2 game drives in Ranthambhore national park, village and school visit Amber fort visit in Jaipur Khajuraho temples and Varanasi ghat visits during aarti ceremony (religious rituals) and boat ride on river Ganges
- Village experience, camel cart ride, bonfire with folk dance performance
- This is an inclusive tour with all important sights and much more
- Professional English-speaking tour manager/guide for groups, Fully guided Tour with national trip leaders
Our 17-Day Epic Journey to India tour includes all the major highlights of India's famed Golden Triangle - from the stunning Taj Mahal to the pink city of Jaipur and New Delhi, India's capital city. In addition, our tour lets you discover traditional village life and go on safari in the Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve. Plus, we bring you to the holy city on the Ganges, Varanasi, and UNESCO World Heritage site of Khajuraho with its explicit temple architecture and erotic carvings.
- Compared to similar itineraries our competitors advertise, World Spree's program features better hotels. We use a variety of hotels offering a comfortable stay that meet or exceed international standards. Though we want you to travel with an open mind and be adventurous in the daytime, at night we want you to have all the comforts of home: Great location, comfortable beds, good lighting, air conditioning, cable TV, power showers and delicious, familiar breakfasts to count on each day. We choose the hotels for this itinerary as if we do so for ourselves, so they must pass our tests.
- Many India tours focus only on India's Golden Triangle, but we offer the addition of a stay in a resort set amidst beautiful scenery near a tiger reserve. This offers an opportunity to relax away from the hectic pace of India’s big and busy cities, to experience traditional Indian village life and go on safari into the Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve.