Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of China and Tibet on this unforgettable 13-day overland package tour! Your trip begins in Beijing, where you visit the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City and other imperial palaces and gardens. Continue to Xi'an to marvel at the famous legion of Terra Cotta Warriors guarding Emperor Qin's tomb. Travel to Chengdu, China's most laid back city, the home of Sichuan spicy food, and the gateway to Tibet, for a visit to the Giant Panda Breeding Research Base.
Then journey into the "Roof of the World" to get inspiration from the Tibetan Buddhism and experience a culture far different from our own. Soak the timeless beauty of the Tibet highlands, and tour the mystical Potala Palace, the former residence of the Dalai Lama. Witness the debate between monks at the Sera Monastery, sip yak-butter tea at a Tibetan family home, visit the sacred Jokhang Temple, and walk at the wonderful and colorful Bakhor Bazaar - It's an experience not to be missed.
This 13-day tour itinerary is a shorter version of our 19-day Yangtze Cruise & Tibet Odyssey trip, without Yangtze Cruise and Shanghai. These two tours share the same itinerary for the first 11 days.
- Round-trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First class hotel accommodations with private bath and daily American buffet breakfasts
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours including entrance fees
- 26 bountiful meals including 11 American buffet breakfasts, 8 lunches and 7 dinners (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- Exclusive Culture InSites Programs featuring people-to-people experiences and an insiderâ€™s perspective of local culture
- Professional service of an expert Tour Director throughout, from Beijing to Lhasa (for group of 10 or more)
- Professional local guide in each destination city
- Baggage handling service throughout China