Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of China, Tibet, Yangtze cruise and Hong Kong on this unforgettable land and river cruise vacation! Your trip begins in Beijing, where you visit the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City and other imperial palaces and gardens. On to Xi'an to marvel at the famous legion of the Terra Cotta Warriors guarding Emperor Qin's tomb, and visit the Giant Panda Breeding Center in Chengdu.
Then journey into the Himalayas to get inspiration from the Tibetan Buddhism at Lhasa. Tour the Potala Palace, once the center of the Tibetan government and the former winter residence of the Dalai Lama, and visit Tibetan local family homes. Soak the timeless beauty of the Tibet highlands and visit the holy lake of Yamdrok Yumtso.
Continue to Chongqing, China's most populous mountain city, to embark on your 3-night river cruise down the Yangtze. From the private balcony, you will witness the timeless landscapes along the Yangtze valley and sail through the picturesque Gorges and canyons. Tour the Three Gorges Dam site and fly to Shanghai, an ultra-modern city that offers a fascinating glimpse into China's future. Watch the world-famous Shanghai Acrobats perform their magnificent gymnastic feats, enjoy the view from one of the city's tallest buildings. From Shanghai, spend a day visiting the charming water town of Suzhou, which has delightful gardens, bridges, canals and traditional homes.
Fly to the subtropical Guilin to cruise on the Li River and indulge yourself in 'The best scenery under Heaven.' Travel to Longsheng for an off-the-beaten-path hiking tour to the Dragon Spine Terraces. Your tour concludes in the cosmopolitan Hong Kong, where the East meets the West. This is a journey covering China's past, present and future, a trip of religious inspiration and an eye-opening experience.
This 24-day tour itinerary is a longer version of our 19-day Yangtze Cruise & Tibet Odyssey tour, with an extension to Guilin and Hong Kong. These two tours share the same itinerary for the first 16 days. Watch what our travelers Joel and Ivy experienced below!
- Round-trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First class hotel accommodations with daily buffet breakfast
- 3-night downstream Yangtze Cruise aboard one of the finest Yangtze cruise ships--Victoria Jenna. Outside cabins with private balcony, picture window and private bath
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours and evening shows including entrance fees
- 54 bountiful meals including 22 American buffet breakfasts, 18 lunches and 14 dinners (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- Unique culinary events including an authentic Peking duck dinner, and a delicious Dumpling Banquet in Xian
- Exclusive Culture InSites Program: Hutong tour in rickshaws, including a local family visit, home-hosted lunch; Tibetan family visit; enjoy an afternoon tea at Chengdu's traditional tea house
- Professional service of an expert, resident Tour Director throughout China (for group of 10 travelers or more)
- Professional local guiding service in each destination city
- Baggage handling service throughout China
Setting a higher standard for travel on China’s Yangtze River, Victoria Cruises has enhanced its Luxury Amenities Program. The Luxury Amenities Program features a variety of services to eligible passengers, including enhanced ship placement, access to exclusive VIP areas, complimentary beverages including morning coffee and tea service, enhanced dining privileges, exclusive happy hour, and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in the Executive Lounge and lobby areas.
The program also includes a welcome fruit basket, complimentary diet soda and wine and beer with dinner, and nightly turn down service. Initially designed for the discerning travelers on suite accommodations, the unique Luxury Amenities Program by Victoria Cruises is now available as an included feature to eligible World Spree travelers on the Imperial China, Tibet & Hong Kong tour.