Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of China and Tibet on this unforgettable land and river cruise vacation! Your trip begins in Beijing, where you visit the Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City and other imperial palaces and gardens. On to Xi'an to marvel at the famous legion of Terra Cotta Warriors guarding Emperor Qin's tomb. Travel to Chengdu, the gateway to Tibet, to visit the fascinating Giant Panda Breeding Research Base.
Then journey into the Himalayas to get inspiration from the Tibetan Buddhism at Lhasa. Tour the Potala Palace, once the center of the Tibetan government and the former winter residence of the Dalai Lama, and visit Tibetan local family home. Soak the timeless beauty of the Tibet highlands and visit its holy lake of Yamdrok Yumtso.
Continue to Chongqing, China's most populous mountain city, to embark on your 3-night river cruise down the Yangtze. From the private balcony, you will witness the timeless landscapes along the Yangtze valley and sail through the picturesque Gorges and canyons. Tour the Three Gorges Dam site and fly to Shanghai, China's futurist city, where you tour the Shanghai Museum and experience the spectacular beauty of the Yu Garden, which reflects all elements of a classic Chinese garden. This vacation to China and Tibet intentionally planned in 19 days, with the wonderful Yangtze River Cruise, is an once-in-a-lifetime trip.
- Round-trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First Class hotel accommodations with private bath and daily American buffet breakfasts
- 3-night downstream Yangtze Cruise aboard one of the finest Yangtze cruise ships--Victoria Jenna. Outside cabins with private balcony, picture window and private bath
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours and evening shows, including entrance fees
- 43 bountiful meals including 17 American buffet breakfasts, 14 lunches and 12 dinners (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- Unique culinary events including an authentic Peking Duck dinner and a delicious Dumpling Banquet in Xian
- Exclusive Culture InSites Program: Hutong tour in rickshaws, including the visit to a local family home and home-hosted lunch; visit to a local Tibetan family home, etc.
- Special evening show including breathtaking Shanghai Acrobatics
- Professional service of an expert, resident Tour Director throughout China (for group of 10 travelers or more)
- Professional local guiding service in each destination city
- Baggage handling service throughout China
Setting a higher standard for travel on China’s Yangtze River, Victoria Cruises has enhanced its Luxury Amenities Program. The Luxury Amenities Program features a variety of services to eligible passengers, including enhanced ship placement, access to exclusive VIP areas, complimentary beverages including morning coffee and tea service, enhanced dining privileges, exclusive happy hour, and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in the Executive Lounge and lobby areas.
The program also includes a welcome fruit basket, complimentary diet soda and wine and beer with dinner, and nightly turn down service. Initially designed for the discerning travelers on suite accommodations, the unique Luxury Amenities Program by Victoria Cruises is now available as an included feature to eligible World Spree travelers on the Yangtze Cruise & Tibet Odyssey.