With its larger-than-life monuments, rich cultural history, timeless nature landscapes and stunning modernity, China is truly an exciting destination. Designed for travelers who would like to visit China only once in their life time, this phenomenal itinerary showcases the grandeur of dynamic China.
In three weeks, experience China's marvels - ancient and modern, rural and cosmopolitan - and journey through imperial Beijing, historical Xian, scenic Guilin, ethnic and misty Longsheng, cosmopolitan Hong Kong, the timeless Three Gorges and Yangtze River, futurist Shanghai and classic Suzhou.
Walk on the Great Wall; tour the mystic Forbidden City; discover the old, narrow streets of Beijing by rickshaw where you find endless treasures to unfold in China's proud capital city. On to Xian in central China, you marvel at the 6,000 life-sized warriors in the Terra Cotta legion, visit the Wild Goose Pagoda, and enjoy a stage show in memory of the great Tang Dynasty.
In China's southwest subtropical Guilin, you cruise on the fabled Li River and soak in the landscape that seems lifted straight out of a Chinese scroll painting. In an exciting hiking tour, you admire the Dragon Spine Terraces and visit ethnic groups.
Back to the heartland of China in Chongqing, you see the Giant Panda and go on a 3-night cruise along the Yangtze River. Sail through the Three Gorges, cruise the Daning River on a peapod boat, and tour the dam site and its colossal 5-stage shiplocks.
In Shanghai, the center of China's economic boom, you tour the colonial Bund, admire the charming architecture in the French Concession, overlook Pudong's new zone from one of China's tallest buildings and attend a performance of the Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe. A side trip takes you to Suzhou to visit its classic gardens, canal and silk production.
Your journey concludes at dynamic Hong Kong, where the East meets West. This tour is fully-packed, fast-paced and family friendly. No other tour brings you this many included features in an ideal 21-day China vacation package.
- Round-trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First Class hotel accommodations with private bath and daily American buffet breakfasts
- 3-night downstream Yangtze Cruise aboard one of the finest Yangtze cruise ships--Victoria Jenna. Outside cabins with private balcony, picture window and private bath
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours and evening shows including entrance fees
- 47 bountiful meals including 19 American buffet breakfasts, 16 lunches and 12 dinners (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- Unique culinary events including an authentic Peking Duck dinner, and a delicious Dumpling Banquet in Xian, Dim Sum at Hong Kong's iconic Jumbo Seafood Floating Restaurant
- Exclusive Culture InSites Program: Hutong tour in rickshaws, including visits to a local family home and a home-hosted lunch, etc.
- Special evening show including a breathtaking Shanghai Acrobatics
- Professional service of an expert, resident Tour Director throughout China for a group of 10 travelers or more
- Professional local guiding service in each destination city
- Baggage handling service throughout mainland China
Setting a higher standard for travel on China's Yangtze River, Victoria Cruises has enhanced its Luxury Amenities Program. The Luxury Amenities Program features a variety of services to eligible passengers, including enhanced ship placement, access to exclusive VIP areas, complimentary beverages including morning coffee and tea service, enhanced dining privileges, exclusive happy hour, and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in the Executive Lounge and lobby areas.
The program also includes a welcome fruit basket, complimentary diet soda and wine and beer with dinner, and nightly turn down service. Initially designed for the discerning travelers on suite accommodations, the unique Luxury Amenities Program by Victoria Cruises is now available as an included feature to eligible World Spree travelers on the China Panorama tour.