With its imperial treasures, historical wonders, amazing landscapes and stunning modernity, China never ceases to amaze. Our signature journey showcase you the timeless treasures China has to offer with a perfect balance of popular highlights with an off-the-beaten-path expedition.
You start with Beijing's imperial wonders including the Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Temple of Heaven and the Great Wall of China, as well as a stroll through the old maze-like Hutongs for a glimpse at how most urban Chinese families once lived. Continue to Xian, home of the impressive legion of Terra Cotta Warriors, where you visit the Wild Goose Pagoda and bicycle on the ancient City Wall.
You fly to the subtropical Guilin and spend a day sailing down the Li River, as a rich tapestry of limestone hills rise majestically out of the earth in front of you. This scenery of timeless beauty inspired Chinese poets for thousands of years. What makes this trip truly unique and exciting is an exclusive hiking tour to the hidden gem of Longsheng's Dragon Spine Terraces, inhabited by minority nationalities. This discovery is rarely available in the conventional itineraries.
Then, continue to Chongqing to visit the Giant Panda before boarding your 3-night cruise down the Yangtze. Sail through its picturesque Gorges, and tour the Three Gorges Dam site, as you understand why the Yangtze has been China's lifeline for millennia.
Your trip concludes in Shanghai, an ultra-modern city that offers a fascinating glimpse into China's future. Watch the world-famous Shanghai Acrobats perform their magnificent gymnastic feats and enjoy the view from one of the city's tallest buildings. From Shanghai, spend a day visiting the charming water towns of Suzhou and Tongli, which have delightful gardens, bridges, canals, and traditional homes.
- Round-trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First class hotel accommodations with private bath, daily American buffet breakfast
- 3-night downstream Yangtze Cruise aboard one of the finest Yangtze cruise ships--Victoria Jenna. Outside cabins with private balcony, picture window and private bath
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours and evening shows including entrance fees
- 44 bountiful meals including 17 American buffet breakfasts, 15 lunches and 12 dinners (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- Unique culinary events including an authentic Peking Duck dinner, and a delicious Dumpling Banquet in Xian
- Exclusive Culture InSites Program: Hutong tour in rickshaws, including a visit to a local family home and home-hosted lunch, etc.
- Special evening show including breathtaking Shanghai Acrobatics
- Professional service of an expert, resident Tour Director throughout China (for a group of 10 travelers or more)
- Professional local guiding service in each destination city
- Baggage handling service throughout China
Setting a higher standard for travel on China’s Yangtze River, Victoria Cruises has enhanced its Luxury Amenities Program. The Luxury Amenities Program features a variety of services to eligible passengers, including enhanced ship placement, access to exclusive VIP areas, complimentary beverages including morning coffee and tea service, enhanced dining privileges, exclusive happy hour, and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in the Executive Lounge and lobby areas.
The program also includes a welcome fruit basket, complimentary diet soda and wine and beer with dinner, and nightly turn down service. Initially designed for the discerning travelers on suite accommodations, the unique Luxury Amenities Program by Victoria Cruises is now available as an included feature to eligible World Spree travelers on the Grand China & Yangtze Cruise.