Cruise into the heartland of China on the Mighty Yangtze River. This phenomenal itinerary offers you a panorama view of China's past, present and future, with visits to the Imperial Beijing, historical Xian, the Mountain City of Chongqing - which is home to more 30 million people - classic Suzhou, water town Tongli, and Cosmopolitan Shanghai in a memorable 15-day vacation.
Begin with Shanghai, where you walk on the colonial Bund and visit many of its modern architectures. From Shanghai, you will take a day excursion, touring Suzhou's classic gardens and strolling on Tongli's Old Street.
Then you fly to Yichang to start your relaxing 4-night cruise up the mighty Yangtze. Sail through the picturesque Three Gorges and admire its timeless beauty. Disembark in Chongqing to visit the Giant Pandas at the zoo and then board your flight to Xian and admire the city's many pagodas and temples. Go for a bicycle ride along the city wall, and see the famous Terracotta Warrior Army.
End your journey in Beijing, where you tour the imperial capital's many charms, including the Forbidden City, the Summer Palace, the Temple of Heaven, and the Great Wall of China.
- Round trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights and ground transportation and transfers
- China's official 4-star hotel accommodations with private bath and daily American buffet breakfast
- 23 bountiful meals including 12 American buffet breakfasts, 7 lunches and 4 dinners (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- 4-night upstream Yangtze Cruise aboard Victoria's premier ship Victoria Jenna - outside cabins with private balcony and private bath
- Included Luxury Amenities Program aboard Victoria Jenna (ie. exclusive access to Executive Lounge, VIP dining and more)
- Included shore excursions of Three Gorges Dam, Shennong/Goddess Stream peapod trip and Shibaozai Temple on Yangtze Cruise (while most competitors sell at additional charge)
- Comprehensive sightseeing tours including entrance fees
- Professional service of expert, resident Tour Director throughout China (for group of 10 or more)
- Professional local guide in each destination city
- Unique culinary events including authentic Peking Duck dinner, delicious Dumpling Banquet in Xian (optional)
- Baggage handling service throughout China
Setting a higher standard for travel on China's Yangtze River, Victoria Cruises has enhanced its Luxury Amenities Program. The Luxury Amenities Program features a variety of services to eligible passengers, including enhanced ship placement, access to exclusive VIP areas, complimentary beverages including morning coffee and tea service, enhanced dining privileges, exclusive happy hour, and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access in the Executive Lounge and lobby areas.
The program also includes a welcome fruit basket, complimentary diet soda and wine and beer with dinner, and nightly turn down service. Initially designed for the discerning travelers on suite accommodations, the unique Luxury Amenities Program by Victoria Cruises is now available as an included feature to eligible World Spree travelers on the Mighty Yangtze tour.