Explore all of China's five top destinations in the best designed China overland tour itinerary. This exciting journey is an eye-opening and life-changing experience to be remembered for the rest of your life.
Walk on the Great Wall; tour the mystic Forbidden City; discover the old, narrow streets of Beijing by rickshaw - you will find endless treasures to unfold in China's proud capital city. On to Xian in central China, you marvel at the 6,000 life-sized warriors in the Terra-cotta Legion, visit the Wild Goose Pagoda, and enjoy a stage show in memory of the great Tang Dynasty.
Your journey continues to China's southwest subtropical Guilin, cruise on the Li River and soak in China's most famous landscape that seems lifted straight out of a Chinese scroll painting. What makes this trip truly unique and exciting is an exclusive hiking tour to the hidden gem of Longsheng's Dragon Spine Terraces, inhabited by minority nationalities. This discovery is rarely available in the conventional itineraries.
Fly to Shanghai, the center of China's economic boom. Tour the colonial Bund; admire the charming architecture in the French Concession, overlooking Pudong new zone from China's tallest building; and attend a performance of the Shanghai Acrobatic Troupe. From Shanghai, a side trip offers you a chance to visit to the 2,500-year-old city of Suzhou, famed for its classic Chinese gardens, silk and embroidery, and to the Water town Tongli to cruise on its many canals.
This phenomenal itinerary represents a diverse mix of history, modernity, natural scenery, minority culture, and people-to-people experience, offering a perfect balance of popular highlights with the off-the-beaten-path expedition. As the tour name suggests, this journey will showcase you "China's Best Treasures."
- Roundtrip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights, ground transportation and transfers
- First class hotel accommodations with private bath and daily American buffet breakfast
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours including entrance fees
- 30 bountiful meals including 13 American buffet breakfasts, 11 lunches and 6 dinners (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- Unique culinary events including an authentic Peking Duck dinner and a delicious Dumpling Banquet in Xian
- Special evening show including breathtaking Shanghai Acrobatics
- Exclusive Culture InSites Program: Hutong tour in rickshaws, including a visit to a local family home, and home-hosted lunch; visit to a cave dwellings in Xian, etc.
- Professional service of an expert resident Tour Director throughout China for a group of 10 travelers or more
- Professional local guiding service in each destination city
- Baggage handling service throughout China