Ancient China called itself the "Middle Kingdom." In ages past, the custodians of the Middle Kingdom savored with certainty that they occupied the space at the very center of the world; other cultures simply revolved around its perimeter.
Designed for the first-time travelers to China, this phenomenal itinerary presents China's key highlights in just 12 days. The itinerary covers China's dynamic capitals, cultural and art centers, commercial ports and modern metropolis that played important roles in China's past 2,000 years. Look behind the facade of modern China on an adventure that travels the highway of Chinese history. If experiencing China's cultural delight is the priority of your journey, then this is the trip for you.
Your journey starts from "Capital Beijing" to discover its modern architectures and the timeless imperial treasures including the Forbidden City and the Great Wall. Continue to Xian in Central China to admire China's first emperor's 6,000 life-sized Terra-cotta Warriors. Then cruise on the legendary West Lake and taste the "Dragon Well" Tea at Hangzhou, which is, according to Marco Polo, "the city of Heaven, the most magnificent in all the world." You also visit Suzhou's elegant classic gardens, canals and silk production. The last stop of our memorable trip is Shanghai, China's most modern metropolis.
- Round trip international airfare including taxes and fuel surcharges
- All Intra-China flights and ground transportation and transfers
- China's official 4-star hotel accommodations with private bath, daily American buffet breakfast
- Comprehensive private sightseeing tours including entrance fees
- 12 bountiful meals including 10 American buffet breakfasts and 2 lunches (subject to change depending on China internal flight schedule)
- Professional service of an expert local tour guide in each destination city
- Baggage handling service throughout China